Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHM becomes Win?

4 posters

:: Main :: General

Go down

WHM becomes Win? Empty WHM becomes Win?

Post by DarkValkyr Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:06 pm

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/4266/detail.html

WHM seems to be getting a nice bunch of updates this time around...Lyre's gonna pwn.
DarkValkyr
DarkValkyr

Back to top Go down

WHM becomes Win? Empty Re: WHM becomes Win?

Post by Wendell Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:11 am

It's about time. They've only been promising a WHM update for years now.
Wendell
Wendell

https://app.roll20.net/users/214009/david-f

Back to top Go down

Post by Verence Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:29 pm

Too lazy to add anything new or original to the discussion so have some copypasta.

Verence wrote:I'm not going to argue that it's not totally awesome, but was it necessary? WHM's already the game's premiere healer and indispensable when large amounts of HP are being exchanged - even moreso when magic damage is flying around. This stuff's all great, but was it needed?

I can see why some stuff is a great addition - The light damage +acc spell makes WHM more desireable for merits, but... Damn. WHMs are now the gods of curing.
Kiera wrote:Yes

Imo they weren't.

Now, they should be.

I do agree with Verence that this SEEMS to be a bit overboard, but we'll just have to wait and see how the stuff really works. WHM definitely needed something to make it shine over SCH (and even RDM). Now BLM needs some sort of boost for the same reason. SCH can heal or nuke very effectively and efficiently (although not at the same time without losing all of the efficiency). Imo, WHM needs to be a clear leader in the healing/support department, and BLM needs to be a clear leader in the nuking department. SCH's niche should be support and the ability to adapt and fill whichever role is needed without being quite as good as either job in either role.

WHM is definitely going to be a much more complicated job to play to it's full potential.
Verence
Verence

Back to top Go down

Post by Reinbach Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:45 pm

Still, damn if this will make me want to level this job any more than I already have to.

I mean, I love you guys who do, but damn, if I wanted to heal people, I'd go to med school for seven years before I ever leveled WHM.
Reinbach
Reinbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Main :: General

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum