Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALT: An Ode To Allouette?

Go down

ALT: An Ode To Allouette? Empty ALT: An Ode To Allouette?

Post by DarkValkyr Wed May 14, 2008 11:15 am

Clink, clink, clink, clink, rang the tiny frame of an automaton, dressed in leather and crossbow in hand, making its way through the residential area at night. Its errand was quite simple; to return some borrowed materials taken from a resident someways in the complex. It's life-like thoughts rang in its mind as he wandered, enjoying the stroll in moonlight, and all was quiet, very calm and enjoyable as he hauled a sack that was tied around his neck.

Wow, its a pretty night out. You can really see the stars! it thought. He took a turn around the corner, and still seeing the moon apparently closer than ever, he continued. You know, this reminds me of the first time I spent a whole night on that ship with Master Valkyr...it was just incredible! Like, it was a night just like this one. Master Valkyr was all excited about me and Gustav, it was really amazing to see him talk and think so fast. Oh, what was that thing he went on about? How we're different, and unique, and Master Valkyr was glad he could fix us up to tip-top shape? Then he went on to things like 'card enchuntments' or 'mechaniks'...oh, he's so caring for us! He takes us out and sees new places, you should've seen Gustav's face when Master Valkyr said he'd take me to Soxja. It was priceless!

Then again, it was kind of boring with Proto-jay. I mean, he's fun to look at and all; he swings his stick good, though I wish he talked more. When I asked Master Valkyr why he never said anything, he said 'It's because I didn't have time to give him a voice', or something. When we finally got to San d'Oria, oh boy, you shoulda seen all the tall people! And their pointy ears! and their compliments about me...or at least, I thought it was a compliment...what did that Elvaan say, uh..."you mustardy pile of gags" or something like that. Did that mean I was adorable and funny? Or...taste like mustard...hmm, I'm sure he didn't taste me. I wouldn't taste good. That's what Master Valkyr says...like that time I was hiding from the scary lizzies. He said, "Nah, he wouldn't eat you...you'd taste bad. I mean, you're full of oil and metal. Lizards don't eat that..."

In any case, everyone was saying that Boosedine was sooo cold, I kinda felt all my cold steel become colder! Then there's Soxja! All the fancy lights! There was this scary lady we met, but I dragged Proto-jay away, since they were talking about archies and stuff. Whatever archies were, I can't understand, so I looked at the pretty lights instead. Then at the end, everyone was so tensed up. I don't know why. Was it the door that didn't want to open? That scary archie lady walked off all creepy-like, then we looked at the door. Oh! There's the next best part! The door opened, and it was all whooosh!

Course, since everyone was all tense and all, it was kind of quiet, so I didn't say anything. But wow, I was having so much fun! Then when everyone fought this super-awesome-scary monster, me and Proto were cheering them on! Then the rest was boring once it started going on and on about children. Did it have kids or something? Did we make them cry...?

In any case, Master Valkyr was so happy when we went to Jeuno after that! He went to shop for clothes from some fancy guy. I spent a lot of time in the residential area and the top floor, since it such a grand view!

His thoughts were interrupted for a brief second to make a turn and come across his the last few houses before his destination, then he continued on.

Ah, Master Valkyr's the greatest! He takes me everywhere, he takes very good care of me and Gustav...Gustav also is a very good big brother! Master Valkyr says he's got 'machuurer' programming than me, so he told Gustav to take good care of me, like a big brother. Gustav's so much smarter than me, and he's stronger too with his arms. Master Valkyr always smiles when I complain, and then says that I got something better than him -- imagination. Then Gustav's always cleaning up after my mistakes, and telling me what I shouldn't do from now on. That makes me happy! How about that? Those two always know what to say and cheer me up!

After what seemed like a longer walk that usual, Allouette was going to prod the door to knock on it, but the door was unlocked and it opened. Allouette called inside the house, but there was no answer. Allouette made his way inside, a bit curious. Allouette clenched his crossbow tight and walked in, calling out again. "Hey, anyone here?" Where's everyone? He wandered into the family's living room, and saw a frightening scene.

The carpenter Tarutaru of the manustery was lying on the floor, bloodied on his tunic, and had a cut on his throat. His wife, too, suffered a similar fate, and lay by the wall. Their child had a stab mark on his stomach, faced down on the wooden surface. Allouette instinctively drew his crossbow, ready to aim. He carefully scanned around the room, and then he saw it. A single black feather, on the floor of the room. Allouette gasped, and quickly ran for the door. But a black figure quickly halted him at the door, the shine of metal already swinging at him.

"Valkyr..." was all he could mutter before the sword pierced his wooden frame, leaving the last innocent thought on his mind the happy family who was eagerly awaiting him back home.

Last edited by DarkValkyr on Wed May 14, 2008 11:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Some mistakes and all.)
DarkValkyr
DarkValkyr

Back to top Go down

ALT: An Ode To Allouette? Empty Re: ALT: An Ode To Allouette?

Post by DarkValkyr Thu May 15, 2008 11:48 am

I don't believe it... Valkyr's mood came crashing down upon hearing the news, and seeing the unusually lifeless Allouette brought to him really didn't make his day even more. Valkyr simply can't believe how on earth it would end like this. Allouette's suffered dents and injuries to his frame before; but this time, it really did a number on him. Valkyr's thoughts were full of grim ones as he removed the punctured leather clothes that he made Allouette wear and examine his frame. The stab had damaged a lot of his internal machineries, so this time, Allouette might be much more difficult to repair.

Ever since returning from Aht Urgahn due to a massive desire to study automatons, cardians and machineries, Valkyr's thoughts have been more and more onto the Cardians, he barely practiced modifying his two precious Automaton, aside from the repairs and the occasional upgrade, the major delicate parts have been left untouched, only oiled. This, in turn had made Valkyr very uncertain about what to do. He felt quite guilty that he hadn't paid attention to these two Automatons whom he had revived with his own hands. Finding them in the corner of an Automaton workshop, the owner of the workshop, Ghatsad, explained that they were very old models, and they never worked. Expressing a deep interest in them, Valkyr did all he could to bring them back as part of his studies. Despite the very common demoralizing taunt by his colleagues, he prodded on, finding more and more interest in these strange machines. Reviving the two at last by a trick of what his friends called luck or fate, the two lively and extremely life-like Automaton are much different compared to the other two. As a reward for being the person who revived the two automaton, Ghatsad had allowed Valkyr to keep them.

Ever since then, he had learned to love the two Automatons as if they were his own children. However, the knowledge that led him to their revival was long forgotten for awhile now. His head was more filled with Cardians, especially with the looming threat of war, and the remaking of the enchantment used to create Joker. With more enemies at their side, Windurst needed all the help they could, and with a Sibyl worth next to nothing, Valkyr thought it would be best if he concentrated very hard in his work.

Moving away from the unmoving puppet on the workdesk, Valkyr moved to several bookshelves, lined with many books and papers bound together concerning research data and old notes of Automatons that he brought back from Aht Urgahn. He took them and brought them to a reading table, where he immediately began reading. Somewhere past the first pages of his first book, his thoughts went to what had transpired just last night. Allouette was to return some materials to Koppa-Joppa, carpenter and talented crafter, he specializes in using many different materials to create different things. He was assigned as the person who makes the body and structure of the cardians. His exceptional speed makes him invaluable to the Manustery. With him murdered - with his whole family, no less, and much more than that - Valkyr felt that the rates which Manustery would produce cardians would just plummet.

Gustav hasn't been taking it well either. He's been down in the slumps ever since hearing his brother might not be waking up for quite awhile. Truth be told, Valkyr wasn't sure what he should do. Focus all his time and resource into protecting Windurst -- given Allouette might not be the only victim from this point on, especially considering how there was absolutely no evidence about the killer, it might turn into something much bigger than one would think, how this killer would be so professional in that way. Valkyr felt that it'd be proper that he should ready more Cardians for better security. but at the same time he wanted to learn about Automatons again to revive his Automaton. Sighing, Valkyr went and placed his book back in the shelf, and went to take a stroll.
DarkValkyr
DarkValkyr

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum