Off the edge of yer map (Cancelled)

:: Main :: Events

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Off the edge of yer map (Cancelled)

Post by Sphinx on Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:12 pm

Posting this to this here forum since it appears to be the norm, even though I've no ken on how to RP it. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to mention them.

But I've been hoping to go fight Ouryu for a bit of time now, so making a post of it here. Anybody who needs the mission (CoP 4-2; the Savage) or wouldn't mind helping out, please post^^

To go through what I've found out either way that seems worthy of note;
- The level cap is 50, which is a level convenient enough for a well-rounded party.
- Mistmelts are the main item of necessity beyond what's job specific - the dragon only casts slowga as a debuff (this beyond the sneaks required to go there, riverB has magic, sneak and invis agro). But with all the AoE's being thrown around, I'd bring reraises as well.
- Has a massive damage spike flail for those hapless enough to be behind him when he uses TP, which is absorbed by utsusemi.
- Horrid roar is a 10 buff dispel, food included, so packing a big lunch might be smart.
- Does annoying and rather strong earth-based AoE attacks when aerial, mistmelts bring him down softly (if he lands by himself, he'll hurt those around him).
- Geotic breath hits heavy cone attack damage.
- Typhoon wing is a frontal AoE attack of about 180 dmg, and blind.
- Slowga overwrites haste.
- Uses Invincible at about 50%-80% health.

So the preferred melee form would be tank in front, others to his (Ouryu's) side, nobody directly behind either tank or the dragon. Preferred mage form would be behind the tank but slightly to the sides so to not get hit by Geotic breath (hurty earth damage cone).
NIN tank might be a good idea and has been reported working - also recommended for melees would be a sub to blink with since the spike flail can be blinked. With NIN tank a problem comes with "Absolute terror" move that terrorizes the target for a few seconds, making NIN hurt.
BLM have a good damage element since the fight is capped to 50, and BLM get their Freeze.
Sleep works (In fact earth elemental debuffs are the only ones reported nigh impossible to land), but he builds resistance to it over time. This is why it might be good to have both light and dark sleepers to alternate.
Also his attacks when he's airborne deal a lot of damage that's earth elemental and ignores utsusemi, invincible, and any brand of physical damage reduction. This is why he can't be allowed to stay there.

What I was thinking might be handy to have around;
- A tank - Preferred PLD since there's a lot of AoE damage going around and I don't know how NIN works for this.
- Atleast one WAR/NIN to support the tank and be able to blink the flails.
- Atleast one BLM to do what heavy hitting's required. And provide dark sleep.
- BRD or COR to bring light sleep element into the mix and add to refresh.
- WHM to cure since cure spikes will likely be required.
- RDM/WHM for refresh and renew buffs on tank since saving MP on WHM might be crucial while fighting. Also to provide dark sleep and the usual RDM stuff.
- A pet newt for good luck.

As for times on this run.
I was thinking friday night is good, tossing up a time of something like 7PM EST. None-specific friday, still in the future somewhere.
This is, so far, extremely preliminary I myself have little care for when it is, as long as I know a day or two beforehand. Though I'd rather to keep it out of sundays dynamis time, or tuesday and thursdays 6PM EST and onwards.
But quoted above is a time extremely preliminary that's likely to change, but tossing it up there so we have something to debate over.

And to those of you who have done the run before;
What's posted above is my speculation of what I read. Please correct me where I'm wrong, add in what I've missed. It won't go unappreciated^^

Last edited by Sphinx on Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarify the date.)
Sphinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off the edge of yer map (Cancelled)

Post by Sphinx on Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:16 pm

Available jobs to 50cap;
WAR, WHM, BLM, RDM, BRD, NIN, SCH, can aim to push PLD up to 50 with a bit of notice.

Available times;
Any with a day or two notice, save for Sundays, would prefer to avoid thursday or tuesday 6PM EST up.
Sphinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verence on Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:18 pm

Spike flails can and should be avoided. They're not really something you need to plan on happening since they only occur if someone messes up big time. If I recall properly, even Ouryu's physical attacks are earth element, so stacking tons of earth resist helps... However, I really don't know how much earth resist gear is available at 50. However, a SMN 50 is incredibly useful here as Aerial Blast does a crapton of damage, and due to Garuda's air alignment she can tank Ouryu quite effectively.
Verence

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:15 pm

I'm so up for this as WAR/NIN if you'd be willing to take me.

Robin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkValkyr on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:27 pm

I can go as either BLU or BLM.

Notes on the time: If you set it to this friday night, I'll be able to make it but if you set it anywhere starting sunday night - thursday night next week, I probably won't attend due to it being morning and therefore school.

I want COP done and over with, kthx... It reaps lotta rewards to go with it (. . )

I'd be glad if this was RP'd though, better see what we can do~
DarkValkyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sphinx on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:57 pm

DarkValkyr wrote:Notes on the time: If you set it to this friday night, I'll be able to make it but if you set it anywhere starting sunday night - thursday night next week, I probably won't attend due to it being morning and therefore school.

No, this friday is in all likeliness too early. As stated in the original post, this is as of yet a non-specific friday I'm planning on, and even there the time and date were mere suggestions to have an initial point to discuss from.
Sphinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkValkyr on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:46 am

Well, in any case, it'll always be friday night - sunday afternoon for me onwards starting next week for definite timing.

I just MIGHT be able to make it on monday-thursday from 5 AM PDT onwards, although not reccomended as Indonesia's traffic is TEH 13371337!~
DarkValkyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sphinx on Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:31 pm

Calling this off due to lack of interest to make the fridays of mine - and those who graciously offered to help - available again.
Thanks to those who offered to join, and apologies it didn't work out.
Sphinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkValkyr on Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:10 pm

Tis fine. Hope to do this soon though~
DarkValkyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reinbach on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:34 pm

I'm sorry for the late notice on this. I have just recieved the news. I'm going to try to make it tonight, but it might pan out that I'm unable to.

My grandmother has been placed in Hospice care, and is expected to die within the week. As you all may know, my family has been taking turns taking care of her for the last year or so after she suffered a heart attack in early September. She could die tonight for all we know, so the entire family is basically going on a death watch for her, and we all want the chance to say good bye. I may get the chance tonight, or I may not. If I can't visit her tonight, I will be at the event.

As I understand it, there may be some back up in case some members can't make it. In the event that I can't, I hope that you will do the run without me. You've waited long enough for this, and I don't want to delay it again like I did last week.
Reinbach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top