Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wings of the Goddess: THUS IT IS SO, SO IT SHALL BE

4 posters

Go down

Wings of the Goddess: THUS IT IS SO, SO IT SHALL BE Empty Wings of the Goddess: THUS IT IS SO, SO IT SHALL BE

Post by Xenedra Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:37 pm

Or: What Verence and I came up with.

We were discussing a while ago how we were going to handle the possible problem of characters trying to recreate the Alternate Timeline while travelling to the past. After a bit of discussion, Verence and I were able to finalize a “solution” to this that we think makes a good amount of sense.

Upon restoration of the Original Timeline, the timeline of events leading from the Original Timeline to the Alternate Timeline was shattered. The resulting fragments of space-time (ooo fancy) and the events they contain serve as a buffer against huge inconsistencies taking effect on our character’s current time by reflecting or drawing off the effects in some manner through the inconsistent events that the fragments contain. As Verence put it, “The simple fact of having broken it means we can't break it WORSE.” The fragment fail-safe means that even if our characters purposefully or accidentally do something to alter the timeline, the changes won’t take effect. The fragments wouldn’t, however, fix whatever inconsistencies were already there in the past that are the canon reason that our characters were given the ability to travel there in the first place.
Xenedra
Xenedra

Back to top Go down

Wings of the Goddess: THUS IT IS SO, SO IT SHALL BE Empty Re: Wings of the Goddess: THUS IT IS SO, SO IT SHALL BE

Post by Kiyoumi Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:17 pm

I'm a little loathe to say this buuuuut: It sort of reminds me of the Dragonball theory of time-travel. Basically, when you go to the past to alter something, a new, separate timeline is created. However, the time-traveller is tethered to his/her original timeline and so when they go Back to the Future, nothing will have changed there.

Anyway, it was a good idea to come up with this contingency plan. Very Happy
Kiyoumi
Kiyoumi

Back to top Go down

Wings of the Goddess: THUS IT IS SO, SO IT SHALL BE Empty Re: Wings of the Goddess: THUS IT IS SO, SO IT SHALL BE

Post by Reinbach Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:39 pm

Great scott!
Reinbach
Reinbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenedra Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:27 am

Man, Kiyou, I'm on such a Dragon Ball Z kick right now, Cell Saga specifically...
Xenedra
Xenedra

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkValkyr Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:03 am

Haaa~

Well, I wouldn't mind this idea. Now guys, wait for me!!!! April, here ai comeeeeee! NO EXAM SHALL STOP ME!!!
DarkValkyr
DarkValkyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum