Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multimedia is an Art, Right? *Blue G5 Spoilers*

3 posters

:: Main :: Art Gallery

Go down

Multimedia is an Art, Right? *Blue G5 Spoilers* Empty Multimedia is an Art, Right? *Blue G5 Spoilers*

Post by DarkValkyr Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:54 am

Well...here's a vid for your enjoyment. It's 44 MB in total, up to you if you want to watch from Filefront or download...
NOTE: The link may be down. Silly filefront! I'll see if I can get it on at youtube or someplace...

DarkValkyr Vs. Raubahn - Filefront Link
DarkValkyr Vs. Raubahn - Youtube Link

(. . ) Big thanks to Psy for getting the testimony. Also, if you don't want to read the wall of text, you might as well ignore it completely. It's quite long, and a bit of a rant >.<;; sorry for that, I get carried away telling stories.

Code:
Basically, SD got his Maat done and over with the day before, so I was super fired up to try him out today. I watched a whole bunch of videos, got fraps ready just  for this, read up a lot, and despite how I see Hysteric Barrage and Spinal Cleave (two spells that I am missing) in every video and guide, I see that the damage it deals just around average most of the time. Of course, it differs for every person, since acc gear, dex, and all that are different. Also, I was too tempted to go fight Raubahn right away since the testimony is right there in my inventory.

I was thinking of buying an Opo-Necklace and sleep potions, but they were so expensive. Then I noticed. If I was going to go open the fight with Azure Lore, it didn't matter how much TP I had, since modifier was locked at above what I would have at 300%, so an Icarus Wing would do just fine, and did a solo-SC right at the beginning. Figuring this out and buying a Sole Sushi +1, I was all "Here goes nothing!" and decided to go. I used Icarus Wing, Sole Sushi+1, Yagudo Drink, Pamama Au Lait. Some videos used just this and wore basic gear (AF) and still won, so some videos boosted my confidence more since I saw there were other people who won when they wore things that are around my budget.

Okay, I was more nervous still because I didn't have Hysteric Barrage, Spinal Cleave or Diamondhide....but I went in anyway, determined to finish this barrier once and for all. I got fraps on and recorded the vid...and there you have it.
=====================
Notes about the vid:

The first thing you notice about the vid might be the quality. The original is much much muuuch better quality, but the sound breaks up real badly when I turn on the BGM when I enter the battlefield, and its 2 gigs. O.o;

The second thing about the vid will probably be the sound breaking up when I turn on the BGM. It was my first time using fraps, and when I played around with it I didn't have music on. So when I set the recording volume, I set it to the highest, so I didn't anticipate this. Deeeeeep apologies for this! >.<

And more onto the content of the vid itself, I was heck nervous and it probably caused me to mess up several times in the videos.

Mess up No.1: I used Feather Barrier too early. I saw the guy do Refueling, and I went 'OH GOD I DIDN"T SET IT!' so then I probably panicked a bit and used Feather Barrier by mistake...so I ended up fighting without it.

Mess up 2: /ja, not /ma >.<;; If you look at when I spam my Azure Lore macro, yeah, I did the ol' mistake of using /ma instead of /ja. I was supposed to cast feather barrier before doing Azure Lore, but yeah, since I screwed up that bit...and this one cost me a few seconds.

3: Wrong button to spam...not long later, I was spamming my Death Scissors macro even though I just used it. This was a veeery costly mistake, nearly cost me the fight. I noticed that I was spamming wrong spell and moved to Frenetic then onto Dimensional Death, so there.

Overall, I felt very lucky Raubahn didn't do anything other than Bludgeon. (. . )

So this is a big leap which I probably never would have passed without everyone's constant support/nagging about how I played this game for 5 years and don't have a 75 job yet. Thanks a bunch! I appreciate it. Now to get 75....

Last edited by DarkValkyr on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkValkyr
DarkValkyr

Back to top Go down

Multimedia is an Art, Right? *Blue G5 Spoilers* Empty Re: Multimedia is an Art, Right? *Blue G5 Spoilers*

Post by Robin Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:41 am

Congratulations~!!!!

Robin

Back to top Go down

Multimedia is an Art, Right? *Blue G5 Spoilers* Empty Re: Multimedia is an Art, Right? *Blue G5 Spoilers*

Post by DarkValkyr Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:14 pm

Thanks. ^^

Well, I got the video on Youtube. Although, I'm not happy at how small the screen becomes. The Filefront link doesn't work for myself, not sure if it's because download servers in my country are full or something. The one on Filefront is a much better quality video, but all the same, if you wanna watch, go on ahead.
DarkValkyr
DarkValkyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Psylight Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:58 am

Worked well enough for me, downloaded without a problem. Shorter fight than I expected, I was assuming it would be a very drawn-out RDM-y experience.

You did great, I'm stoked you beat him on your first go. You rock, Valky. ^_^
Psylight
Psylight

http://www.psynz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkValkyr Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:06 am

Gee. thanks, Psy ^^;

I wouldn't rock this well without any help from all of you though~
DarkValkyr
DarkValkyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down