Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Level Sync!

4 posters

:: Main :: General

Go down

Level Sync! Empty Level Sync!

Post by DarkValkyr Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:55 am

I just read the article and went OMG.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/2008_-_(08/25/2008)_New_Level_Sync_Feature_to_Change_the_Way_You_Party!

This feature brings about interesting thoughts. Get any level 54 guy and party on Colibri again? That might be real good. Depends on your taste. Most importantly, more people with low level jobs can PT with anyone with this feature really...wonder if it means we'll get more invites? The fact that you don't have to change equipment will be a major improvement -- it eliminates a lot of hassle. Although I'm not sure how some equips are affected, though several stat items will have their boosts toned down, I'm probably guessing things like haste and all will be negated.

Quote:

equipment will also be temporarily powered down to match the player's reduced level. Attributes that will be affected include: DMG, DEF, HP, MP, Status Effects, Accuracy+, Attack+, Ranged Accuracy+, Ranged Attack+, Magic Accuracy+, and Magic Attack+.

* The current plan is for other special properties (including Evasion, Enmity, enchantments and ability bonuses) to be negated entirely.

So this probably means a lot of gear will get weakened if it focuses on Evasion, enmity or JA boosts. I wonder if the Blue Magic Skill +15 on Jubbah for example will get toned down or weakened? According to the examples given, like the Goilard item the stats INT DEX MND and CHR is highlighted so its effects will remain yet toned down.

The toning down IMO is going to be very harsh though -- they say that it won't be as strong as the lower level's HQ/NM dropped items. Bit afraid on that part thinking that in the end to be effective we still would probably have to get gear anyway.

Regardless, I think its a welcome change.
DarkValkyr
DarkValkyr

Back to top Go down

Level Sync! Empty Re: Level Sync!

Post by Verence Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:08 pm

It said scaled, so I'd assume that the formula would look something like
(Current level / Gear level) * stats.
Also, I think it's pretty safe to assume skill+ will be voided along with haste, HMP, etc.
Verence
Verence

Back to top Go down

Post by Psylight Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:07 am

I'm very curious as to the restrictions regarding this system. On the one hand, this system could revolutionise the gameplay and people will adore and worship SE for the gift of it...

Or it could turn out to be the most abused system ever conceived in the game to date, people are horribly let down by the games new direction, and everyone flocks to *shudder* World of Warcraft.

Please, God, no!! Don't make WoW our fate! T_T
Psylight
Psylight

http://www.psynz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyoumi Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:10 pm

Hm, seems kinda interesting. Potentially not having to wait X number of hours to party, (Yes, please).

Yeah, I'm still alive. I can't seem to find time to log on for any significant amount of time, yeesh. study

(Off topic: Being the dork I am, I'm probably alone in wishing that instead of the Tidal Talisman, that SE would make more FFXI figures. I missed that Elvaan one they made a long time ago...)

Edit: Oh, and the Pandemonium Warden 18-hour-debacle-thinger made it into the University wannabe-newspaper. Neutral
Kiyoumi
Kiyoumi

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkValkyr Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:24 am

XD;;;

Pandemonium Warden's that durable, huh? Its so tough it made its way to newspapers?
DarkValkyr
DarkValkyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyoumi Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:15 pm

Yeah, he's *that* tough. Jailer of Love and Absolute Virtue got mentions too... though the article itself was about MMO addiction.

Link: "Dude, I've got a problem"
Kiyoumi
Kiyoumi

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkValkyr Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:41 pm

Olololololnocontrol. =p

New news available now. It seems like a nice few features we never got so far. =)
DarkValkyr
DarkValkyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down